Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Seasons Update

Going to make this a brief update since my brain seems to be a bit in "DEAR SWEET BISCUITS I BE DEAD" mode.

So first lets take a look at this:



Basically a quick image I put together by taking colors found in the photos I gathered depicting in each of the four seasons and putting them together as seen above as a collection of colored blobs. Simply this provides a quick reference in terms of the colors most present in each season (Not by ratio of the size they take up in their panel but by their presence at all. Again, this was put together quickly.) The idea for this is simply to provide an easy reference of the colors to be used in the lighting and textures.

No onto the main project itself. I've added in all but the fall textures, along with a lighting system.


I'm not completely satisfied with the houses's texture, especally in regards to the windows, but I'm going to hold out and wait until everything else is finished before I work on fixing them. With David's help, as well as providing and introducing me to the GI Joe script, I now have a lighting system I feel will work for my purposes.

The next step: Getting the snow and rain particles in, along with the fall textures. With that everything will be in and set within the Maya project and I can then focus on the "Weather/Season" system that will allow for easy transition between the seasons and weather within Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment