Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Senior Thesis Assist As of 1/11/2011

Alright well, I've got a lot of past events to report here, and yet a lot of work ahead, so I'll keep this as simple as possible.

Before Winter Break I had attempted to sign onto a game project presented by some seniors, but alas they never got back to me. So instead a signed up to help the head of my major's department, Marla, with a project to create a digital castle that will deteriorate over time to be used in a state production.

Once I returned from break I meet with Marla and the other student I am working with, Yuya on Wednesday. It was decided that I would take care of the base mesh for the castle to start things off, while Yuya focuses on preparing the textures. On Saturday and Sunday I created the basic model, focusing on keeping the model simple enough to UV and Texture within the time we have available to us, but grand and "powerful" enough in appearance to emulate the feeling of an actual Gothic style Castle.

After sending the model to Yuya we discussed what we had so far. I still plan to work on the model a bit more, mostly cleaning up some rough edges, deleteing surfaces that do not appear inside the castle hallway being modeled, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment